Monday, April 11, 2005

Strung Out - Gaelic Club Show

I went to see the Strung Out show last night at The Gaelic Club in the city. Had a bit of a shocker after I got out the front and lined up. I realised that I had forgotten my ID and this was an over 18's gig. One of the bouncers started to walk along the line checking peoples ID as he went. I took the opportunity and left the line, telling my mate I'd be back in a minute. I waited until he worked his way a bit further up from where I was (near the front) and then I made my way back.

I said to my mate "Lucky he checked ID's that way and not at the door eh?" Shortly after, they opened the door and started letting people in. I saw people getting their wallets out and knew I was screwed. When I got to the front, I
played dumb and showed the guy my ticket (which was on a keycard type thing from MoshTix). He asked to see my ID, so I had to tell him I left it at home. He asked me to stand to the side as my mate went inside.

Realising I couldn't get in, my mate came out and asked what I wanted to do. I decided to wait to see what the bouncer did. After the next guy went in, the bouncer turned to me and asked: "What's your star sign?" I was taken by surprise by such a random question... "My star sign? Scorpio." He told me to go on inside. Fucking cheering!

So I went in, grabbed a t-shirt. Damn they look spiffy too, see for yourself.

The first band was awesome, don't know what their name is though. Useless ID was on next, but surprisingly not as good as the band before them. The death-circles started cranking as soon as they started playing and it was hectic as. I was standing next to this pillar with broken marble all around it, a bit above waist height. I can't remember how many times I got smashed into that marble, but it was a lot and it fucking hurt. Don't ask me why I continued to stand there for the duration of the entire show.

When Strung Out finally came on, the entire room went fucking mental. It was like The Gaelic Club turned into a massive death-circle, I've never seen anything like it before. They rocked hard and put on one of the best shows I've ever seen, playing all the songs I wanted to hear except Monster. But still, fucking awesome show. Strung Out rocks, best punk band ever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Laggin Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, Console Games, MP3s, Software & Download Them at Dashing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

8/2/10 00:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home